Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nice to Meet Everyone!

Hi my name is Sue-Ellen, but I prefer to be called Sue. I am a junior/senior at RIC.  I am going to RIC for my degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry.  As you can tell on my page I am a big advocate for women's breast cancer, because as a young woman you never know.  I thought that there was no way that I can get breast cancer because I am too young and it is an old woman's disease! Doing a self breast exam but who needs one at our age, wrong thought I was diagnosed on September 16th of last year.  Do a self breast exam, ladies! What a change my life did in the matter of a year. Even though it has been a rough journey, I have been able to change certain things for the best. I am still fighting the fight while helping to make young women aware. I am taking this class because I believe it would help me find out about the struggles that our ancestors had to endure for the freedom of women today!  When I am not in my classes, I am either doing research or you can find me doing some activity for the Gloria Gemma Foundation and/or just enjoying the company of friends.  You will also find a link to Gloria Gemma by pressing on the pink ribbon on my blog, and see what they have going on especially that Breast Cancer month is in October. Well, see you in class and hope to meet you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment